Friday, August 30, 2013

New York, New York!

As I was working in Long Island for a month this summer, I took advantage of my proximity to the city during the weekends. We drove to Queens, then took the subway to get into Manhattan and around the city. I enjoyed seeing all the sites, but I'll still have to go back someday to catch a Broadway show.
NBC Studios, Rockefeller Plaza
Times Square
View of Manhattan from the Staten Island Ferry
Statue of Liberty

 Beautiful Central Park
 
One Saturday in Staten Island my team helped build an entire playground with KaBOOM! (Just like on Parks and Rec!) This was a highlight of the program for me thus far. We worked hard and got very dirty and sweaty, but it was so. much. fun. and now the children of this Staten Island community which was hit hard by Hurricane Sandy can have a safe and awesome place to enjoy themselves.
Raking tons of mulch at the playground build
I am so grateful that I have had so many opportunities to see the country and participate in such a variety of service over these last seven months. Only three months to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment